Wednesday, August 13, 2008

homies

I break down the people I know in my life to my AIM categories: Dudes, Beezies, Sisters, Family, Hi Hello, and Homies...there are only seven people on that list. These are the people who I can laugh at stupid shit with, act like an idiot, clown on each other, with no kind of judgement because we are all on the same humor level. Other people get offended if I tell them "yo you're gettin' fat" or when one of the boys calls one of us girls a "hoe" for doing something stupid. We clean after each others messes, we have each others backs and when we do fight, it's all out of love because 15 minutes later, we act like it never even happened. Of course , the guys will always be guys and hit up girls here and there (lol) but in the end, who do they go to talk shit to? The point is, we all can chill together without putting up a front and walking on eggshells. You all know how people are nowadays, especially with female relationships.

You would think being over 21 you and your homies would be a lot more mature than you were three years ago. Hah, wrong! I always know what I'm getting myself into when I drive down to SJ to kick it with them...total stupidity fun. Who else would sit around a table till 4 am finishing a bottle of absinthe, telling each other shit, then going to one room to spoon for a minute, and wake up to drink again at 7 am. The next day, when people left for work, the only people that stayed at the condo were the ones that doesn't even live there... and what did we do during the day? Play cards, have pillow talks, try to do some voodoo shit, eat hella, watch a movie and then jump around on our friend's bed to some Nsync...completely sober. If you are as broke as us, then you have to have good company to just be able to kick it at one place.

Six of us, as we call it, are the filipino cast of Friends. True that.
*sigh* but all this fun with the homies leaves me with a broken foot.
Yes, I'm being Sir Limp-a-lot right now.

So people, love your homies because they love you!
To the homies who are scattered across the globe...I MISS YOU.

No comments: