Tuesday, August 19, 2008

bias doctors

Since I'm on a roll with gay issues, here's an article that I found about doctors denying treatment to patients due to their religious beliefs.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/08/18/BA2212D6H4.DTL

It will never end will it?

I grew up as Roman Catholic and I've always had this problem with my faith and sexual orientation. How am I suppose to be faithful to my religious beliefs and be true to who I am? Back in the day when I moved away from my parents to go off to college here in SF, I came to a point where I lost my faith. My mind wondered, searching and trying different things because like most kids, I was taking advantage of my freedom. I'm not going to go on and talk about the shit I did when I was a youngin' but, it did take me three years for me to realize where my faith stands. In the end, I came to the conclusion that if God is suppose to be an omniscient god [all knowing, all forgiving and all powerful] then He should already know that I'm gay and will always forgive me for it...riiight? Right, so that's my state of mind and I'm pretty much content with it. I won't get started with the church, my views on that differs way more. Small point, it's just another institution.

I believe in a God that already knows everything and forgives me for everything if I stay true to Him...and that's all that matters. Take that you bias doctors!

No comments: