Friday, November 14, 2008

Dia De Los Muertos

Here's a couple of shots that I took from Dia De Los Muertos, the Day of the Dead down in the Mission on September 2. Interesting how I thought this was a vastly Latino celebration but from what I saw ... was more whites than people of color celebrating it. More drunks than people chillin' and remembering their dead. I don't know, I just felt like it was another excuse for people to party in the Mission [I swear I saw at least a couple of folks on something] or another form of what gentrification is doing to this neighborhood.

To end the night, I had to walk around for an hour trying to find my car. Found it when my classmate had to drive down to the Mission to pick me up and drive me around to look for it ... it so happened to be parked only a block away. WTF Trina!

1 comment:

dreamstarr said...

another hipster holladay in the mission!